MUSEUM TOUR COORDINATOR
CASA SAN YSIDRO: THE GUTIÉRREZ/MINGE HOUSE
Corrales, New Mexico
JOB DESCRIPTION: The tour coordinator is part of team dedicated to excellent visitor experiences at the Albuquerque Museum’s historic property located in Corrales, New Mexico. This seasonal property sees over 9,000 visitors a year, many of which are school children. The job involves high contact with the public including visitors of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities as well as volunteers and staff. A successful applicant will demonstrate the following abilities: excellent organizational skills, flexibility, attention to detail, computer literacy, interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently. Prior experience with non-profit organizations including museums and historic sites is desirable. This is a temporary, part-time position hired through an employment agency contracted with the city of Albuquerque.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF DUTIES
- Responsible for all aspects of the Casa San Ysidro tour program including promotion, scheduling, notifications, attendance documentation, and admission collection.
- Works closely with volunteer staff, including scheduling, assisting in recruitment, training, planning social events, and providing support and direction.
- Models the knowledge and skills to provide excellent tours and customer service.
- Follows City guidelines for the handling and documentation of revenues.
- Assists in the development, planning, and execution of special events.
- Completes duties as part of a team that encompasses the historic property and the museum.
- Works in accordance with security and collections care standards of a historic property.
- Provides general support to Site Manager and Curator of Education as needed.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Historic property includes both indoor and outdoor facilities, exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold.
DUTY HOURS: Typical hours are Tuesday-Friday from 8:30-3:00pm and Saturday from 9:30-3pm. Occasional extended hours and Sunday hours. Flexible hours December and January when the property is closed for tours. Reports directly to the Curator of Education at the Albuquerque Museum.
APPLICATION MATERIALS: Please submit a cover letter and your resume or CV via email to Elizabeth Becker, Curator of Education, Albuquerque Museum. Email: email@example.com.